Global alliance against plastic waste in the environment AEPW started
Thirty member companies claim over $ 1 billion to invest $ 1.5 billion over the next five years for the removal of plastic waste, especially in the ocean
The alliance wants to develop and implement solutions to minimize and manage plastic waste. In addition, the transition to a circular economy will promote solutions for secondary raw materials. The members of the alliance are global companies and organizations with locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and the Arabian Gulf.
The Alliance is a not-for-profit organization that includes companies that make, use, sell, process, collect and recycle plastics. This includes chemical and plastic manufacturers, consumer goods companies, retailers, converters, and waste management companies, also known as the plastics value chain. The Alliance has been working with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development as a founding strategic partner.
Initial projects and collaborations will be:
- design integrated waste management systems
- develop and promote technologies, business models and entrepreneurs that prevent ocean plastic waste and improve waste management and recycling
- support reliable data collection, metrics, standards, and methodologies
- capacity building collaboration
- support the capture of plastic waste before it reaches the ocean
More information at:
Silvia Kohlmann, Contact point enviMV