The Bioenergy group of Växjö, established 1996, has the purpose to develop the value chain for bioenergy in Southern Sweden. It consists of a handful of members, active in consulting, manufacturing, distribution and delivery of bioenergy.
The efforts has focused on supporting development in the field of bioenergy primarily
• knowledge building on bioenergy feeded heating plants, focusing on combustion and environmental aspects.
• studies of the emission of small particles and its effects on health
• The establishment of environmentally friendly biofuel plants in the region
• Development of biofuel production and processing technologies
• collaboration on business development in the bioenergy field
- Conduct research, development and education in the bioenergy field and to cooperate with Linnaeus University and the business community in the region
- To develop the bioenergy sector and increase bioenergy use in southern Sweden through R & D in the procurement, logistics and distribution of biofuels.
- Acting as a natural link between society, industry and universities regarding bioenergy.
Green energy and Storage
Type of organisation
Type of products / services provided
R&D for market uptake